Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Miss California

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    And she still loses. I don't think it cost her anything, she just lost.
    Miss California: Gay marriage answer cost me Miss USA crown
    BY ROBERT KAHN | [email protected]
    8:18 AM EDT, April 21, 2009

    Miss California says candor cost her the crown in Sunday's Miss USA competition.

    Carrie Prejean, 21, probably knew she was in trouble when she acknowledged her opposition to same-sex marriages in response to a question from openly gay judge Perez Hilton, the celebrity blogger.

    "In my country, and in my family, I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Prejean replied. Later, she lost to Miss North Carolina.

    "It did cost me my crown," Prejean, the first runner-up, said of her response, on Monday's " Billy Bush Show." "I wouldn't have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that's all I can do."

    In an appearance Monday on MSNBC, Hilton said he was absolutely "shocked and incredibly frustrated and disappointed" with Prejean's stance.

    "That's not the kind of woman I want to be Miss USA," he said. "Miss USA should represent all Americans and, with her answer, she instantly alienated millions of gays and lesbians and their friends."

    Earlier, Hilton had said on his video blog he would have run onstage and ripped the tiara off Prejean's head had she won the title.

    And the blogger would not have been the only member of the Miss USA family to go apoplectic had Prejean advanced in the competition. Keith Lewis, executive director of California's Miss USA operations, said in a statement released to Hilton that "religious beliefs have no place in politics in the Miss CA family."

    Prejean Monday said she was raised in a way that you can never compromise your beliefs and your opinions for anything.

    "It is a very touchy subject and [Hilton] is a homosexual and I see where he was coming from and I see the audience would've wanted me to be more politically correct," she added.

    Prejean said she has received 2,000 friend requests on Facebook since the weekend controversy began unfolding.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    And she still loses. I don't think it cost her anything, she just lost. Either way she's still as dumb as it gets.

    You think Miss California is dumb? I hope you watched the Today Show...the chick that won Miss USA was being interviewed by Al Roker and he asked how she would reply to the same question asked to Miss California. Her response shows that intelligence was not a factor in judging for the crown.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Here's the thing, I have been around pageants since I was little due to my Mom's occupation. I've even been asked to judge some. Miss USA is basically a T&A pageant. Miss America is one that actually does require some intelligence to win.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •